The NCSH has developed tools to help providers educate patients about services that are recommended for them, and to improve their delivery of high quality sexual health information and preventive sexual health services in clinical practice.
Sexual Health and Your Patients: A Provider’s Guide can help healthcare providers better integrate sexual health conversations and recommended preventive services into routine visits with adolescents and adults. By using this guide, providers can:
- Streamline their sexual history taking
- Increase their delivery of recommended preventive sexual health services by using “at a glance” tables
- Improve their care for LGBT patients
- Be better prepared to discuss sexual health topics and answer patient questions
- Become more knowledgeable about sexual health
Download the entire guide by clicking this link.
Provide this guide to your patients to empower them to take charge of their own sexual health. This guide focuses primarily on recommended preventive sexual health services, including screenings, vaccinations and counseling, and is intended for adolescents and adults of all ages. It has been pre-tested with the public. Check out the guide’s associated smartphone-compatible microsite at www.ncshguide.org.
What’s in this Guide?
- Action steps for achieving good sexual health
- Information on recommended sexual health services for men and women
- Tips on how to talk with a healthcare provider
- Resources on sexual health topics