Two Part Training Series View PDF
Offered to San Francisco direct service providers working with people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
* How do I advocate for my clients around income and healthcare benefits?
* What does healthcare reform mean for my clients?
* What help can my client get around Medicare benefits?
Presented by Positive Resource Center and partner organizations AIDS Legal Referral Panel, California Health Advocates, Project Inform, and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
Income & Medicare Module
April 17, 2013, 9:00a–12:30p
May 30, 2013, 9:00a–12:30p
June 26, 2013, 9:00a–12:30p
* HIV and Aging Issues
* Public Disability Benefits (SDI, SSI, SSDI, etc.)
* Private Long Term Disability (LTD) Policies
Healthcare Reform Module
April 18, 2013, 9:00a–12:30p
May 22, 2013, 9:00a–12:30p
June 20, 2013, 9:00a–12:30p
* Healthcare Reform & HIV Care Systems
* Ryan White Programs/ ADAP
* Health Insurance Payment Programs
The Baha’i Center
170 Valencia Street at Duboce, Third Floor
Modules may be completed in any order. Certification offered upon completing both modules.
Continental breakfast provided at 8:30am. Space limited to 40 attendees. Pre-registration required. To register, please email Vaughn Villaverde.